There are sports events going on all over the world. You can answer triva questions like the ones below or you can bet on real games at Football betting .
I think you will find this a great little trivia quiz about sports. It’s got NFL, NBA, Olympics questions and even harness racing trivia. But wait… there’s more…World Series Trivia questions are included as are a few about tennis, hockey, and even sports medicine. In all there are 50 questions with the answers.
You can copy and paste this question and answer sheet into a text editor and easily convert it into a number of quiz formats, or you could print out this page and use a felt tipped pen to ink out the answers for those who should not see them.
Great ice breaker for getting party’s started and even for your own amusement. Go have fun!
1. What sport used the term “home run” long before baseball?
2. Who was the first U.S. volleyball player to win three Olympic gold medals?
Answer: Karch Kiraly.
3. What sport did Herve Filion top with a record of 14,084 wins?
Answer: Harness racing.
4. What was the only team to win two World Series in the 1980’s?
Answer: The Los Angeles Dodgers.
5. What NFL team is known as the “ain’ts” when on a losing streak?
Answer: The New Orleans Saints.
6. What Washington Capitals goalie earned the nicknames “Ace” and “Net Detective”?Answer: Jim Carey. Sports trivia questions answers.
7. What NBA team plays home games in the Alamo dome?
Answer: The San Antonio Spurs.
8. Who is the only tennis player to have won each of the four grand slam events at least four times?
Answer: Steffi Graf.
9. Who graciously switched to number 77 so Phil Esposito’s number 7 could be retired in Boston Garden?
Answer: Raymond Bourque
10. What Red Sox catcher’s erect posture earned him the clubhouse nickname “Frankenstein”?
Answer: Carlton Fisk’s
11. What team hired the NFL’s first professional cheerleading squad, in 1972?
Answer: The Dallas Cowboys.
12. What Native American language was Super Bowl XXX the first to be broadcast in?
13.vWhat nickname do boxing fans call 300-pound Eric Esch, King of the Four-Rounders?Answer: Butterbean.
14. What 1995 World Series teams were both picketed by the American Indian Movement?Answer: The Atlanta Braves and Cleveland Indians.
15. What diet drink was hyped by Coca-Cola for having only only calorie, in 1963?
16. What comic actor scored huge sales with his Bad Golf Made Easy instructional videos?Answer: Leslie Nielsen
17. What’s an NBA player deemed to be if he’s received the Maurice Podoloff Trophy?
Answer: The most valuable player.
18. What country fielded 1996 Olympic women’s teams that won gold in basketball, soccer and softball?
Answer: The U.S.
19. What Grand Slam golf tournament has the most clubhousers sipping mint juleps?
Answer: The Masters.
20. What decade saw names first appear on the backs of NFL jerseys?
Answer: The 1960’s.
21. Who was able to set NFL rushing records because of his “big but” according to Chicago Bears trainer Frank Caito?
Answer: Walter Payton.
22. What position must college footballers play to receive the Davey O’Brien Award?
23. What disorder did Muhammad Ali develop after years of catching blows?
Answer: Parkinson’s syndrome.
24. What are the only three European countries to have won soccer’s World Cup?
Answer: England, Italy, West Germany.
25. What is the common term for the tennis ailment “lateral humeral epicondylitis”?
Answer: Tennis Elbow.
26. What racing competition became a best-of-nine series in 1995?
Answer: The America’s Cup.
27. Who was the first athlete to rap at a Pro Bowl musical gala in 1995?
Answer: Deion Sanders.
28. What woman won five U.S. figure skating titles from 6 to 173, but never an Olympic gold medal?
Answer: Janet Lynn.
29. Who was the first female jockey to win five races in one day at a New York track?
Answer: Julie Krone
30. What teams played in the first all-California Super Bowl?
Answer: The San Francisco 49ers and the San Diego Chargers.
31. What two players are tied for second behind Ty Cobb in total career runs?
Answer: Hank Aaron and Babe Ruth.
32. What school gained more yards and scored more points than any team in Southeastern Conference history in 1995?
A: The Florida Gators.
33. What head coach tried to soothe the egos of Dream Team III?
A: Lenny Wilkins.
34. Who’s second to Sam Snead in PGA Tour wins?
A: Jack Nicklaus.
35. What quarterback got stuck with the given names Yelberton Abraham?
A: Y.A. Tittle.
36. Which two cities have the oldest stadiums in major league baseball?
A: Boston and Detroit.
37. What’s the last name of NFL All-Pro brothers Shannon and Sterling?
38. What company’s logo is called the “swoosh”?
39. What baseball announcer’s 1996 funeral was attended b y Joe DiMaggio, Yogi Berra, Whitey Ford and Phil Rizzuto?
A: Mel Allen’s
40. What position did Cal Ripkin Jr., start at for the first time since 1982, in a July, 1996 game?
A: Third base.
41. What Pro Football Hall of Famer was the first to get a second bust in the Hall, for broadcasting?
A: Frank Gifford.
42. What team did Yankees pitcher Don Larsen blank when he hurled the first perfect game, in the 1956 World Series?
A: The Brooklyn Dodgers.
43. What did an MIT instructor add to a baseball bat to reduce its air drag by 60 percent?
44. What recreational activity is second on popularity only to walking in the U.S.?
45. What’s the most common nickname for a major league baseball pitcher?
46. Who was the NBA Coach of the Year trophy named after?
A: Red Auerbach.
47. What major leaguer hit 20 or more homers in 20 seasons?
A: Hank Aaron.
48. What Cowboy’s 99-yard run from scrimmage put him in the NFL record book in 1983?
A: Tony Dorsett’s.
49. What did college student Joseph Deliberato swallow a record 89 of at one sitting in 1939?A: Goldfish.
50. How many home run titles did Roger Maris win?
Where can I find New Orleans Saints tickets?
there are quite a few sites you can buy them from. if the game isn’t sold out, go to ticketmaster. if the game is sold out, or if you want really good seats, try some of the secondary ticket sites. go here and you will be able to compare prices at ALL the websites that sell sports tickets from one location: