New Orleans Saints
The New Orleans Saints play the Baltimore Ravens in a game that has playoff implications for both teams. The New Orleans Saints are 10-3 and the Baltimore Ravens are 9 -4. Each team can make the playoffs under the following scenarios:
The New Orleans Saints clinch a playoff spot with:
1. a New Orleans Saints win and a Tampa Bay loss or tie and a NY Giants loss or tie OR
2. a New Orleans Saints win and a Tampa Bay loss or tie and a Chicago loss or tie OR
3. a New Orleans Saints win and a Tampa Bay loss or tie and a Green Bay loss or tie OR
4. a New Orleans Saints tie and a Tampa Bay loss and a Green Bay loss OR
5. a New Orleans Saints tie and a Tampa Bay loss and a NY Giants loss and a Chicago loss
Baltimore clinches a playoff spot with:
1. a win and an Indianapolis loss or tie and a San Diego loss or tie OR
2. a win and an Indianapolis loss or tie and a Miami loss or tie and a Kansas City loss OR
3. a tie and a Miami loss or tie and a San Diego loss and an Indianapolis loss
There are other scenarios in which the Ravens may clinch a playoff spot if they clinch the strength of victory tiebreaker over certain teams this weekend.
Each team has some key players with injuries. Chris Ivory RB has been out with and injured hamstring. He had been carrying the load with Pierre Thomas RB and Reggie Bush RB out on injury. Both Thomas and Bush have returned and it looks like Ivory will be out. His status will be a game time decision.
Other players out on the New Orleans Saints team are David Thomas TE with a knee injury, Courtney Roby KRS with a head injury, Anthony Hargrove DT (knee), Jonathan Vilma LB (quad), Remi Ayodele DT (ankle) and Jermon Bushrod OT (ankle) are all at various places on the injury report.
The Ravens have tight end Todd Heap (thigh) and safety/return specialist Tom Zbikowski (back) were ruled out. Tailback Willis McGahee and fullback Le’Ron McClain are listed as questionable after missing Friday’s practice with illnesses. Receiver Derrick Mason (ankle) is listed as probable after fully participating in Friday’s practice.