New Orleans is a city for fun year around and for the young and old. This post shows that. There are additional links to things to do in New Orleans below.
Fun Things To Do In New Orleans In Or Near The French Quarter
1. The World War II Museum – The WWII museum wants to make people aware of the sacrifices, teamwork and courage exhibited by the men and women who served in WWII.
2. The Louisiana State Museum – The Louisiana Museum was founded in 1906. The mission of the Louisiana State Museum is collect, preserve, interpret and present the state’s rich history and diverse cultures.
3. Audubon Insectarium – At the time of this article, one of the newest attractions in the French Quarter is The Audubon Insectarium. The Audubon Insectarium is one of the must see attractions for kids. They will learn interesting facts about insects and enjoy a little insect meal.
4. Ride The St Charles Streetcar – You can take the street car to get almost anywhere you want. The Regional Transit Authority (RTA) operates three streetcar lines: the famous, historic St. Charles line, the Canal Street line, and the Riverfront line. All lines either run along or intersect with Canal Street in the area between the French Quarter and the Central Business District (CBD) connecting Uptown/Garden District, Carrollton, Mid-City, City Park and the Marigny. The RTA is currently adding more Streetcar lines. Simply click on the link below and check schedules and maps to see where the street car can take you.
5. The Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden at NOMA – Enjoy the home to more than 60 sculptures created by artists from all around the world. The garden is open 7 days per week. Admission is free. The Sculpture Garden is closed on all legal holidays.
I went to visit some relatives the past few days, and while I was there I took some videos of the French Quarter New Orleans. Just to show you what it’s kind of like in The Big Easy aka New Orleans.
Duration : 0:2:33